Anglo Gold Ashanti Australia
The Tropicana Joint Venture is a partnership between AngloGold Ashanti Australia and Independence Group NL. 360 Environmental has provided general environmental management support to the Joint Venture since 2007.
The majority of the joint venture tenements are located in the Great Victoria Desert, hundreds of kilometres from established mining infrastructure at Kalgoorlie. The remote location of the tenements has presented several challenges including limited existing biological information. Extensive biological surveys were required to allow meaningful assessment of the potential environmental impacts of exploration and mining activities.
Project Environmental Management, Environmental Impact Assessment and Management
360 Environmental undertook reviews of existing company standards including:
- Biodiversity Management.
- Rehabilitation Management.
- Decommissioning and Closure.
General environmental management support including:
- Peer review of baseline biological surveys and technical reports.
- Stakeholder liaison for exploration and mining activities including NGOs, State and Federal government.
- Environmental management support for exploration activities.
- Advice regarding the Federal Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
Environmental management support for the mining and associated activities for the Tropicana Gold Project:
- Project wide, life of mine risk assessment for environmental factors.
- Development of project-specific management strategies.
- Assistance with State and Federal referrals – compilation of an Environmental Scoping Document and Public Environmental Review documentation (bilateral agreement).
- Facilitation of a peer review panel for the project.
- Study of contamination potential.
- Rehabilitation benchmarking study.
- Managing planning for closure.
The project was approved under the Bilateral agreement between the State and Commonwealth. Construction and 360 Environmental are proud of working with the Anglo team to successfully deliver the approvals of an environmentally acceptable project, in a remote area with no previous significant mining history or infrastructure.
Telephone: +61 8 9388 8360