Environmental Consultant / Hydrologist
We’re actively looking for an enthusiastic and technically competent person who is looking to successfully deliver hydrological projects for a range of clients in the land development, mining, industrial and agricultural sectors. In addition, they will have an opportunity to mentor less experienced staff, manage projects, and liaise with clients and stakeholders.
If you’re keen to take the next step in your career and want to work collaboratively within a team of specialized, dedicated and fun-loving professionals we want to hear from you!
If you have the following capabilities then please send us your CV:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Engineering and/or Environmental Science.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of 2 years) within a mining, consulting or water industry environment.
- Practical experience in undertaking surface water and groundwater monitoring and sampling.
- Knowledge and experience in water modelling, such as surface water hydrology, hydraulic modelling, water quality modelling and water balance.
- GIS capability and competent using Microsoft Office packages.
- Understanding of WA water legislation and policy.
- Excellent report writing skills.
360 Environmental offers friendly and flexible working conditions, in a relaxed working environment located in West Leederville. The position offers the opportunity to develop your skills with the support of the company and be promoted based on merit either in a full time or part time capacity.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Due to continued business growth and demand for our services and expertise, 360 Environmental is currently seeking a full time Mid-Senior Botanist to support the growth of our Ecology team. 360 Environmental, one of the largest privately-owned environmental consultancies in Perth, has a friendly and vibrant culture with a strong client network and exciting project list.
We at 360 Environmental value being a people first company, being respectful and developing our people to be the best they can be. This role has a clear career path with strong mentoring and professional development. Our offices are based in West Leederville with easy access to public transport and parking with a vibrant setting.
We’re looking for a suitably qualified Botanist who wants to lead teams and advance their career in botany and ecology. If you are looking to take the next step in your career and want to work collaboratively with a team of dedicated professionals, we want to hear from you.
As a Mid-Senior Botanist you will:
- Work closely with our Ecology team and other technical teams to deliver technically sound outcomes for our clients;
- Prepare competitive proposals and tenders;
- Project manage and deliver projects;
- Provide technical peer review and mentorship to our graduate-junior level scientists; and
- Continue to grow your knowledge.
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in botanical survey and assessments;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an appropriate discipline such as botany or environmental science;
- An ability to undertake and lead remote field projects;
- Knowledge of Western Australia flora, including field identification and specimen identification using external resources;
- Understanding of the State and Federal regulatory frameworks and legislation for flora and vegetation surveys;
- Have a current WA drivers licence (manual);
- Excellent reporting and data analysis skills to meet EPA requirements; and
- Sound WA flora identification skills
- Pilbara and northwest flora experience is desirable.
- A strong desire to collaborate within a team environment.
Additional skills and experience that is highly desirable are:
- Pilbara and Northwest WA flora knowledge and field experience;
- 4WD and recovery training;
- Current senior first aid training;
- GIS skills;
- Statistical knowledge using Primer and/or R.
Please note that only Australian residents will be considered for this position. Should you wish to apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Consultant: Impact Assessment, Permitting and Approvals
360 Environmental is searching for an Environmental Professional with 2-5 years of experience in environmental consulting, ideally across a range of sectors in WA. In this role you will be an important part of our Approvals, Strategy and Compliance Group.
Minimum requirements are:
- A relevant degree in science, planning or engineering;
- 2+ years of experience in environmental consulting in WA;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and regulators;
- Excellent project management and report writing skills;
- Experience in works approvals and licensing for industry and agriculture; and
- A focus on quality.
Applicants should have a sound knowledge of the following (at a minimum);
- Part IV (sections 38 and/ or 48) and V (Clearing Permits and Works Approval/ Licence/ Registration) of the Environmental Protection Act 1986;
- The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
The following will be considered highly favourable:
- Experience working under the Mining Act 1978;
- Experience in Bushfire Attack Levels and Bushfire Management Plans;
- An interest in compliance audit; and/ or
- ISCA qualifications.
In the current market a focus on client delivery and exceeding their expectations is critical.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com.