Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is a technology critical to the successful management and completion of resources projects. Integrating spatial data, software and hardware with skilled professionals, enables the detailed analysis of opportunities, constraints and potential impacts at any scale. GIS has now become an integral tool for the management of complex environmental challenges and for the planning and daily management of project progress.
360 Environmental’s commitment to GIS is reflected in our market-leading GIS software (ESRI suite – ArcGIS, and ERMapper) and leading computer aided design (CAD) programs. We have access to high-end imaging and remote-sensing technology backed with ground-truthing expertise. We aim to provide independent advice and targeted solutions to meet individual client requirements.
360 Environmental projects that have utilised GIS technology include water resource studies, water quality management, ecological and heritage survey analysis, contaminated land mapping, land capability assessments, offset planning and identification, transportation planning, infrastructure maintenance and visual impact analyses. Our GIS specialists are able to provide planning, analysis and customised services for projects requiring the manipulation of spatial data.
- Environmental mapping – flora and fauna surveys and mapping; GPS and GIS data capture; thematic mapping using ground-truthed data
- Environmental risk, constraints mapping and ‘least cost’ analysis – use of current and extensive datasets combined with project-specific data
- Cartography and Designs – cross-section and profile plans; technical designs and maps tailored to complement professional reports
- Spatial GIS Data management and analysis – digitising, data conversion, rectification, conversions, transformation and projection; undertaking location, linear, area and volume analysis
- Predictive modelling – catchment modelling, slope and flooding risk analysis, noise and odour modelling
- 3D modelling – digital terrain models, contour generation and groundwater mapping, 3D rendering, conceptualisation and fly-throughs
- Remote sensing – thermal imaging for industrial areas, private households and environmental fluxes; multispectral imaging for broad-area surface analysis
- Aerial photography – full colour and hyperspectral in various resolutions; ancillary data including contours and building footprints
- Interactive mapping – fully manipulable digital maps that users can view with free mapping software such as Google Earth; any data that can be represented on a traditional map can be represented interactively (including 3D models)
- Visual Impact Analysis – the impact of any development on the landscape can be quantified by simulating the view from any point using a computer generated model of the development; line of sight calculations can also be done to identify areas which will lose views.
360 Environmental supports a wide range of environmental, engineering and development projects and the diverse nature of 360 Environmental’s business means that GIS implementations range from small mapping exercises to large planning and analysis projects for clients in both the public and private sectors.
For an up to date project list contact us