Acid Sulfate Soils (ASS) are naturally occurring soils containing iron sulphides that are widespread in low-lying coastal areas of Western Australia. When disturbed, these soils can cause the production of sulfuric acid, which can result in significant environmental impacts. Without expert advice and guidance, acid sulphate soils can pose significant legal, time and financial restrictions on infrastructure projects.
In areas where there is the potential for the occurrence of ASS is classified as being high, requirements for the assessment and management of ASS are commonly included as part of the planning and approval process for infrastructure project in Western Australia. 360 Environmental provides expert advice and regulatory compliance for the identification, assessment and management of all ASS phases of infrastructure projects (planning, construction and operational phases), ensuring these works are integrated with environmental, planning and engineering practices. Services offered include:
- Field sampling and laboratory testing of ASS in accordance with guidelines
- Assessments of the site-specific risks associated with ASS and their potential impediments for proposed developments
- Preparation of ASS investigation reports and management plans based on project and regulatory requirements
- Obtaining regulatory approvals on behalf of our clients for the management of dewatering and ASS
- ASS and dewatering management plans, site management, monitoring and reporting.
360 Environmental has proven expertise to manage ASS under all environmental conditions. To ensure compliance and environmental due diligence in the field of ASS, our personnel can seamlessly integrate into project or operational teams, or operate as independent advisers to construction teams or project managers.
For an up to date project list contact us